Frequently Asked Questions: Orange County Portrait Sessions & Orange County Senior Sessions
1. How much does this cost and what’s the difference between Session Fee and a Collection? The Session Fee covers your photo session, help with styling the session and the time and talent of the photographer. A session fee does not include printed product. Print Collections include groups of carefully selected print products. You have the option of purchasing a Print Collection or purchasing Print Products through our A La Carte Offerings. We will go through all the beautiful curated products that we have at the review session about a week after your portrait session.
2. Is there a minimum investment when doing a session with Blue Sky’s Studio? No, Blue Sky’s Studio does not have a minimum investment fee. Our fine art matted prints start at $200, and what you purchase is entirely up to you. Most of our clients invest between $800 - $5000 depending on what they want to include in their collection.
3. Where will my Session take place? We will provide you with a list of our favorite locations throughout Orange County which includes Laguna Beach beaches, open fields, Mission San Juan Capistrano, several parks and city areas, and others, or you can let us know your favorite Orange County or Southern California location. If you decide to include hair and makeup in your session, we will meet you at our Laguna Canyon studio. If not, we will meet you at the predetermined Orange County portrait session location. Don't worry, prior to your session, we will help you choose outfits that go best with the location of your choice. For example, if you choose the beach you might like soft flowy outfits. If you’re not sure where you want to shoot I’m happy to work with you to find the perfection location for your portrait session..
4. What if I need to reschedule? We understand that things happen and will reschedule for the following reasons: illness, weather or travel issues, or emergency situations. If this happens, we ask that you email us a minimum of 48 hours prior to the scheduled date in order for us to be able to reschedule. We allow a one-time reschedule if you notify us a minimum of 48 hours prior to your appointment. Additional reschedules will require a fee of $200 and are subject to schedule availability
5. How many outfits will I get to wear?
For Family portrait sessions, I encourage you to bring two looks or bright different layers so we can quickly change your families look.
For High School Senior portrait sessions, I like to encourage my clients to bring at LEAST three completely unique looks and no more than four, complete with shoes, scarves, hats, sunglasses and jewelry.
6. When will I get to see the images from my session? We will setup 3 appointments when you book with Blue Sky’s Studio: 1. The Consultation - we talk about the style of shoot you want, along with your clothing, makeup and hair style for your session. This can take place over the phone. 2. Your Session Date - we work together to choose a date and time 3. Your Ordering Appointment/Review Session - this is when you will see all of your gorgeous images from the photography session and choose the ones you want for your printed products. All decision makers must attend this appointment which is typically set for one to two weeks after your photography session.
7. When will I receive my order? We will have a beautifully-curated selection matted portraits available the same day as your Review Session. These include the edited file of the same image. All custom wall art is shipped directly to you within 6 weeks of placing your order. Custom designed books or albums take 6-8 weeks to be delivered directly to you.
8. How long do you keep my Images? Blue Sky’s Studio will archive your final images for one year only after your session. All images that have not been purchased within 6 months after your session will be deleted.
9. Copyright Information. Please be aware that all images taken by Blue Sky’s Studio are the property of this studio, these images are protected under U.S. Federal Copyright Laws. and cannot be printed, scanned or duplicated in any manner or used for any purpose without written consent of Blue Sky's Studio.
Blue Sky's Studio 462 Bent Street Laguna Beach, CA 92651